How to build Victorian Conservatory for New Zealand

Friday, April 27, 2012

The French Doors.


I am on the last lap.Its taken a year thus far. When I started I was a little worried that I would not be able to see it through. My motto has been 'A thousand mile journey is made up of little steps' and that has seen me through to this point. The doors are most exacting and require precision work. Fortunately I have all the tools for the job.A router table and router blades, and mitre saw. The glass is to be toughened and costs twice as much as standard glass, making the doors very expensive.After cutting to size, mortising and routing, the pieces are put together to see they all fit correctly and marked so that when they are glued they are put in the same position. Gluing must be done quickly and then clamped into position seeing everything is square before the glue sets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home